At 02:23 PM 20/03/02 +1000, you wrote:
>I have a need to walk through an entire design database, and perform certain
>operations on each file (ie, print schematics and pcb's to a file). It being
>a multi-design database (there are maybe 12 pcb's, each with several
>revisions in the database), is there an easy way to accomplish this, maybe
>using Client Basic or similar? Any ideas anyone, or will I have to bite the
>bullet and do this manually?
>
>Cheers,
>Matthew van de Werken

Matthew,

I have had a quick look at the processes that Client and the Binder servers
expose and the problem I see is that I can't see a method of iterating over
all the elements within the DDB using Client Basic.  If I am correct, then
it would need to be a server (written in Delphi) as it sounds like you need
to iterate over multiple folders each of which may have a heirarchy of
schematics etc - this means one needs to walk up/down all these folders and
schematics - these are all managed by the tools that the SDK exposes for
managing binders.

Is this a once off operation or something you need to do regularly?

Ian Wilson