I wonder if they  improved the Autotrax BOM generator in this version. I don't
see any mention of it in the fanfare. Too bad.  That would've be a giant step
forward.  I won't even ask about a functioning simulator.

At this point in time I have a fairly reliable ecad system, the core of which is
99SE. After amassing a huge body of knowledge (otherwise called "workarounds")
and support programs (PSPICE and others) I have a usable functioning system.
The only thing I would ever buy from Protel again are specific fixes to the
things that were supposed to be funtional integrated components of 99SE (98 for
that matter).  I would rather pay $50 or a $100 for SP7 and SP8 for actaul fixes
than shell out another couple grand for vaporware and ethereal promises
(Protel's forte).  But, there's a whole new ocean of fish born every year and
I'm confident that Protel's marketing team will be more reliant on the fish than
veteran users. Personally,  I'm going to wait to hear what the fish are saying a
year or so from now before I do any more biting.

Thanks to all the people who contribute regularly to this group. Without this
group I probably would have quit at 98 and moved onto something else.
Gary Packman