Hi Frank

The opj and dsn files are orcad project and schematic files respectively
It's been a while but I've translated fairly large (multiple gnd fill
layers) databases with a reasonable level of success, although it's never as
seamless as the marketing wipes would have you believe.
The instinctive response is to export the minimum amount of data out of
Pads, especially where lots of polygon fills on routing layers have been
used , to keep the resulting Protel database small.
But I have had better results exporting everything, and then filtering out
all of the redundant design rules etc. that result.
One of the biggest problems I've encountered was the treatment of top or
bottom side, ICT test pads, which because of their definition in Pads as
vias, generates a thru hole pad in protel ....not a good thing when you have
no unique characteristic to weed them out
If you like I could give it a try at this end
Regards
John Cobbe