On Thu, 21 Mar 2002 16:21:33 -0500, Abd ul-Rahman Lomax wrote:
>Those look like OrCAD files to me. .dsn would be a Capture file,
>the schematic. .opj, I don't know, but an .opj file often
>accompanies Capture files, as I recall.
>
>Protel imports Capture v. 9, earlier versions usually fail as I
>recall. But anyone with Capture 9 can import v. 7 and write it
>out.

Protel99SE will import Orcad 7.2 schematic files just fine -- I
have done it a couple dozen times now. I have maybe 200+ Orcad
SDT386 (DOS) legacy schematic files I periodically have to bring
forward to Protel. The procedure I use is to import them into
Orcad 7.2, then open (as Orcad .dsn file) in Protel. Clean them
up and save in my Protel design.

The schematics generally need lots of "aesthetic" cleanup, but
the connectivity has been very accurate for me. Certainly less
time consuming than redrawing the entire schematic.

I haven't tried Orcad 9.x, as it's still sitting in it's box
unopened. I became an Orcad ex-user when they dongled the program
at V9.something and instituted fairly large price hikes and an
upgrade/maintenance plan not unlike Altium's ATS.

Matt Pobursky
Maximum Performance Systems