On 04:47 PM 24/03/2002 +1100, Considered Solutions said:

>I made it hard for you - it is FreeVCS not FreeCVS - link is here
>http://www.thensle.de/index.htm

http://www.freevcs.org will get there as well.

One issue that may be relevant with integration into the next Protel
version is that I assume Altium are using the SCC API (an MS spec for
version control) and the FreeVCS doesn't make mention of support for
SCC.  (Don Ingram's old supplier http://www.componentsoftware.com/ does
though.)

Don, which version of The-Worst-Programming-Language-In-The-World did you
get VSS with?  (If you don't think VB is the worst don't bother arguing - I
will not even bother to listen.  Yes, I have used it.)

So maybe I will be on the hunt again (if I decide to cough up the money for
the overpriced ATS - I think the maintenance we are being asked to pay is
simply too high a percentage.  (Part of ATS was supposed to be timely
delivery and improved performance of the R&D group as well as from Tech
Support (this from phone discussions).  Here we are being told the product
will be released Q1 '02 and no Beta program underway from what we
surmise.  This does not look liek improved performance to me.  The feature
set had better be good as ATS is a *major* disincentive to me that will
have to be countered by bug fixes and features I want to use.)

Ian Wilson