At 10:03 AM 3/25/2002 -0800, JaMi Smith wrote:
>Michael,
>
>If the little grey cells are functioning properly, they tell me that it
>was ANSI Y14.15 and Y32.2.
>
>As for the "T", all of the companies that I have worked for wanted the
>"connection dot" regardless.

In my view, the best practice is to avoid crossed connections *and* to use
connection dots on the T connections.

>I also remember that there are a few exceptions to the "4 way
>connection" rule, specifically where there were symmetrical circuits
>involved such as a dual power supply (positive and negative) where all
>the capacitors came together at ground in the middle.

I disagree that this is best represented with a cross wire tied with a
connection dot. It is quite simple to jog one or both connections, or to
stagger the capacitor placements. The former takes a little less space.

The point of avoiding crossed connections is that (1) it can be read more
quickly, especially if the tie dots are small and (2) errors from omitted
tie dots won't happen (if floating wires are flagged with warnings).

While I'd be tempted to disallow crossed connections entirely, I'd be
content with a warning in ERC....

Abdulrahman Lomax
Easthampton, Massachusetts USA