On 10:12 AM 8/04/2002 +0200, Schmitt Michael said:
>After a big crash a had to reinstall my whole system from scratch (fdisk
>...).
>
><..snip..>
>under Tools -> LayerStackUpLegend i can draw the outline, but all that will
>be drawn is the outline, the top line "Layer Stack Up Detail for :
>pcbfile.pcb" everything else under this is empty, all i get is a list of
>included Layers but no informations about them. even the titel block is
>empty.
>
><..snip..>
>Does anybody know how to get this server working again ? any changes in the
>ini files ? i need this server.

You can uninstall a server and re-install it but since you have just done
an install (of Protel) this may not help.  It has helped me in the past
when things like some menu items were not showing after an install so give
it a go.

To uninstall - go to the Servers menu item of the Client menu and right
click on the layerstackup server and remove it (you may need to stop it
first).  (You may want to check the Properties of the server before
uninstalling and keep a note of the ins file.)  The right click in the
server window and select Install... and the navigate to the layer stack up
INS file.

As I said, this works in some cases where not all the server resources get
installed correctly.  It seems to me there is something a little flakey in
the server installation process, it doesn't fail often but now and then...

Ian Wilson