On 05:45 PM 9/04/2002 -0400, Abd ulRahman Lomax said:
>At 11:49 AM 4/9/2002 +1000, Ian Wilson wrote:
>Brad is correct - the original enquiry was not about archives but about
>the servers and basic scripts.  As Brad said, these are stored in the
>Files store of the yahoo users group.
>
>Not really important, yes, the original inquiry was about those files,

Sorry,  you hijacked the thread and confused the issue such that the
original respondent may no longer have had any idea of what was what. And a
number of us do think answering the original enquiry without causing
confusion is important - I know this is something that you are very strong
at. So when you are the cause of some confusion I am a little surprised at
the justifications rather than the sorry-word.

>but the subject line mentions "the archive." We have one thing which we
>call an "archive" and it is the message archive on yahoogroups. We usually
>refer to the place where the files are stored as the "filespace" or the
>"files area for protel-users."

Semantics.

>So I was making clear where the archive was located, for the record.
>Others answered the intended question.

You didn't say this.  Rather your reply appeared more as a correction.  A
more relaxed tone with less feel of authority may have stopped feathers
being ruffled.

Ian Wilson