On Fri, 12 Apr 2002 07:45:34 -0500, miker wrote:

>what is this dashed box, why am i getting it sometimes when
>i click a designator and not others, and how do i get rid
>of it?

It indicates the designator has 'focus'.

Just left click on a blank area of the schematic to 'focus' nothing.

If you are having trouble with this remember in Protel a short mouse
'click' is completely different to a longer mouse 'press'. The windows
control panel mouse double click timing setting has some effect on how
Protel decides what is a click and what is a press.

I wish Protel would document this completely non-standard behaviour and
provide an independant setting for click/press determination timing.

Cheers, Terry.