Subject: Re: [PEDA] dashed box around designator

> its possible that maybe i need to close protel and reopen
> it.  i tend to leave it open for days at a time, and some-
> times i notice it starts acting strange and restarting it
> often fixes the problem.

WOW!!  You are a VERY brave fellow.  Many of us do a full re-boot at least
twice a day when working with Protel.  Admittedly this is usually only
'prudent' when working with very large pcb files or when negotiating through
unusual (and therefore often unstable) procedures.  Most of us have just got
into the habit of 'start over' when anything goes even slightly wrong.

On several occasions I have trashed Protel and/or the OS and have been very
grateful for the auto-timed-backup and backup copy on save.  A gigantic mess
of files results from having these features ON but this is easy to live with
when you can recover from a 'major' and cleaning up after the job is
completed is, of course, trivial.

Jim