Shuping, I've had similar problems in Protel'98 which were
traced to duplicate Identifiers giving duplicate pins; apparently
causing a database that was too large for either Protel or my
machine to handle in available memory. Something similar
happened reloading a netlist to an existing layout having many
layers and many overlapping planes, some of them tied to the
same net. But I'd suspect the netlist itself having duplicate
Identifiers first. It only takes one.

Brian