I have tried to reproduce this behaviour by creating a schematic symbol
which is associated with footprint "BLANK".
No ERC errors in the schematic.
Generating a PCB using "PCB WIZARD" and using "UPDATE PCB" does not cause a
problem.
The updated PCB displays two of 6 components (not including the "BLANK") the
rest are not visible.
"FIT BOARD" and "FIT DOCUMENT" causes a zoom to maximum size (100000mil).
With designators and comments hidden the two visible components can be
selected and moved.
With either designators or comments unhidden attempting to move either of
the
visible components causes a selection choice of the visible component and
"BLANK".
Selecting in free space selects "BLANK".
Hiding Designators and comments, then using
"MOVE COMPONENT" and "SELECT COMPONENT" with move component to cursor
selected
all components except "BLANK" were moved to within the PCB outline.
"FIT BOARD" and "FIT DOCUMENT" now behave as normal.

Looks like a "BLANK" creates a very large invisible footprint.

Hope someone finds this useful.
I can send the .ddb to anyone if interested.

Thanks,
Dave Buckley