hello,

we've got a pcb that really needs to be in here by may
1.  the problem is that its a 10 layer board with very
complex polygon pours, and everything must match closely
with some legacy raster images of the layers.  with just
one person working on it, there's little chance that we
can make that schedule.

management asked me if there was anything i could do to
speed the job up.  i knew what they were thinking: "you
do the even layers and let him do the odd layers."

i told them this probably wasn't possible.  did i lie to
them?  is there a relatively SIMPLE way for us to slice
up the job and then recombine them in the end?  i emphasize
the simple part because i know that in computerland often-
times almost anything is possible, but i'm looking for
feasible, too.

we are working from a schematic and doing interactive
routing on the job.  i have no idea how i can do one layer
and somebody else can do another layer and then recombine
them, but that would surely be a good answer.  i'm thinking
that a requirement would be that the integrity of the
design rules check would need to be maintained.

any help would be appreciated.

thank you, miker