After routing, I make a copy of the pcb, usually "????_WP.pcb".
I use this for the gnd-plane-pour. I cycle on both sides

-pour plane
-look where a via is required
-remove plane
-place the via there, assign GND to it

until all is acceptable. Then I copy the vias to the original pcb.
The unpoured version is for the documentation on paper,
the poured version goes to the fab.

The process is pretty quick.
Should there be a later change I start from the unpoured version.

Rene