Brad Velander wrote:

> Rene,
>       did you have auto-back-ups enabled? If so then you should search the
> drive (assuming it is not complete toast) for "PCB filename".bk1, "PCB
> filename".bk2, etc., to the maximum number of backups you had specified. I
> hope that you did not turn off the Protel generated back-ups! I even set a
> specific directory to receive these back-ups so that they are in a unique
> location and they are all that is found in that directory.

I set the Protel Backup directory to a different physical disk drive
from the working data disk, just in case of a disk crash. I recently had
a drive crash in the midst of a rush project (I always have wondered how
  they know to occur at the most inopportune time) but was able to
continue with the backup that Protel had made to the alternate drive. I
only lost about 10 minutes of work. I was then able to deal with the
crashed disk when I got a respite from the crunch.

with the cost of disk drives so cheap, there is no reason not to have
multiple hard drives in a system (assuming the system is not on a
network). If it is on a network, then Protel makes it very easy to have
redundant data available on another machine.

David W. Gulley
Destiny Designs