Ian,
So many interesting tips to try. I'll have to work the
whole night.

> Select-Net  (shortcut keys S-N) and then click on
> the net of interest.  You
> can then see which net is highlighted. Unfortunately
> it is more difficult
> to get this selection to work across multiple sheets

OK. Obviously I need another sheet. It interesting
what will happen on the PCB if I have multiple sheets
with one and the same local nets.

> Protel makes a difference between selection
> and focus.  Selection
> is shown by a change in colour of the entity(ies)
> usually yellow.  Focus is
> shown by a box around the entity.  At most, only one
> entity can be focussed
> at a time. Many entities can be selected,
> independent of the entity that is
> focussed (if any).

I just discovered that once focused if I press
shift+left it highlights in yellow.

> Get very used to using the X-A key combination
> (deselect-all) as Protel
> builds up selections by default, not clearing the
> old selection. There may
> be an option to change this  I prefer the selection
> building up.

Ah, finally the solution! Escape button was about to
become red.

>   Learning  about the various methods of selecting
>and deselecting areas, inside and
> outside and by layer and type (requires
> customization) is important to
> running Protel efficiently - spend the time now.

Yes, I'll need to check all this. I wanted to select
all caps but sure I'm guessing what to do. When I type
C* in Global/Designator it says that 7 objects are to
be changed but I don't see anything selected and I
don't know what I'm really changing. I have to read
this first.

> Copy and Cut work a little differently in Protel
> from some other
> applications, in that they will work on the
> selection. Also, when copying
> and cutting you need to select a reference point for
> the paste after you
> select the copy.

OK. Got it.

> you can do is to hover the net label (while it is
> floating under the mouse)
> over the GND object and press the INS button and
> this will "clone" the text
> of the power object (in this case the Net).

That was more or less what I expected to see.

Thank you very much, Ian

Mira