-----Original Message-----
From: Mira [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, 30 April 2002 11:03 AM
To: Protel EDA Forum
Subject: Re: [PEDA] duplicated net labels and refdes (THANKS)

>There are some very nice features
>in PCAD2k1. You can flip the component but you can
>flip (mirror) the whole PCB together with the routing.

I have done that in Protel. Enable all used layers and go to
Edit>Select>All. Click on Move, left click on the selection to choose a
reference point and press X. This will mirror all layers and you can view
mirrored images by enabling/disabling layers. It won't change layers, i.e.
top layer objects will not be sent to bottom layer and vice versa. You could
always use PrintPreview to do the same thing, without compromising the
integrity of your design.

>There is also a Doc tool menu to place a detail view
>of each layer, could be scaled or mirrored. I like the
>idea of integrated library. Cadstar is better than
>PCAD in this manner.

Don't quite understand what you mean by this , but try pressing Up and Down
keys for scaling.

>It would be very good if Altium could implement these
>features in Phoenix. Sooner or later both Protel and
>PCAD will be merged.

Many of the features people are asking about in this forum are already
covered in the manual. You need time to learn how to use any CAD tool.
Trying to compare PCAD and Protel or to go and do a production work in new
SW straight away will not take you far. Cover the basics first.

Regards

Igor