...and the problem isn't just missing bars: with 'single \ negation'
enabled, both \CS and C\S\ display the same but are different strings and
hence different nets.  This can be 'interesting' if you have multiple
engineers on a project!  A similar situation existed in pre-windows CadStar
(and may still exist - I haven't used it for years) where a single quote
toggled the bar on/off such that 'CS and 'CS' displayed the same.

Play safe, avoid the bar!

Regards,

Andy Gulliver