Igor,
        what Mira & I were discussing is not necessarily the same as you
mentioned. Possibly some of Mira's comments (I am not 100% sure of what
precisely she meant) were the same as yours but what I alluded to was far
beyond Protel's present capabilities.
        Within PCAD (and the former Accel EDA) are the DOC Tool functions.
These include all sorts of documentation functions and features. One of
these features allows you to take a snapshot of the PCB or any portion of
the design and place it within the database. You can further change the
layers, scale or flip the view of this snapshot. To document 2-sided
assemblies in Accel I used to take the snapshot of the PCB, place it above
or to the side of the real PCB, flip the view to bottom side view and build
a bottom assy dwg around that view, viewed from the bottom as assembly
people would view it. The view also will update (real-time? or may need a
refresh?) so you do not have to redo the view as you change items on the
real PCB. Simple, complete documentation within your database for bottom
viewed assemblies.

        I believe the issue you mentioned of flipping the entire PCB has
some possible drastic problems according to comments I have heard from Ian
or Geoff. I am not qualified to discuss those but I believe that both Ian
and Geoff have warned against doing just that. Further more that approach
just screws up documentation of top side assembly views once flipped so you
still only have half a solution.

Sincerely,
Brad Velander.

Lead PCB Designer
Norsat International Inc.
Microwave Products
Tel   (604) 292-9089 (direct line)
Fax  (604) 292-9010
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.norsat.com

Visit us at Booth 2G2-09 at CommunicAsia 2002 in Singapore June 18-21.