Hello Ian,

i had just looked into your server and it looks like that what i was
searching but i cannot use it as it is.

the reason ist simple. as far as i understand your server it does only check
ONE object in the schemtic with ONE object in the excel spreadsheet.
but i need to check :

1. is the footprint like 0805 the same

AND

2. is the value (parttype) 10k the same

then if, and only if, both fields are matched i need to copy the stuff from
the selected colums to the fileds in the schematic.

with yozr implementation i would need to give the parttype names like
10k_0805 but this would not work with the simulator, yes we are silly enough
to use this feature :-) , and has the risk that partname and footprint are
not identical if the guy who edits the projects is fit enough...

Ian, your server goes the way we had thought of writing our own, but no time
yet. unfortunately our big database including the part and stuff from the
production does not use the name we use in the protel inviroment, f.e. in
protel it is tan7243 and in the baan wourld of our production it is called
72*43 ... historical .... so i am thinking of a conversion so that it is
just one clic to generate an uptodate excel spreadsheet and a second to
update the schematics (with your server if we had the possability for 2
matches )

anyway thanks a lot for your server, i am still looking for a version that
has at least 2 matchfields (like the protel update feature)

Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Michael Schmitt
Baumer Ident GmbH
Entwicklung / Development Department
Hertzstr. 10