Thanks for your quick response ...

> How many matches would suffice?

as said before 2 would recomend 2. because a part is described with the
footprint and the type. in some cases the partname says everything, but in
the case it is a resistor / capacitor f.e. you need 2 informations to get
the right informations.

well okay we had some discussion about that, that if, lets say, i select a
100nF cap 0805 size that must work at 5V, the tool can allow any cap in the
excel database that would fit. going deeper into that, selecting the
cheepest part ... but that would be a never ending story.

what protel has included does it, but it does not do its job in the time the
earlier version did. i guess it was p98 with the very fast database update,
no idea why they made it soooooo sloooow (PROTEL WAKE UP this is realy
discusting !)

if somebody whats to make clear that the 100nF cap with 0805 size has gold
plating instead on nicel ... well give it a different part name.
we call the caps "1uF 16V" (as protel has a problem with the  character )
to make clear what type is wanted from the excel spreadsheet.

Michael