> > as protel has a problem with the  character
>
> What sort of problem do you see? I use that char all over, in
> Protel as well
> as other apps, and have only seen a problem during an
> attempted matchup with

It is okay as long as i use it in the SCH. but if it is used in PCB Mode
(regardless if i do an update from SCH or a manual change in the part
property menue) the  will not be displayed as a . instead i get always a
very funny symbol.
maybe this is a problem with codepages . we use protel under win98se the
german version.

all other apps work fine with these symbols

> a database where someone has used "u" where they meant "".

yes this is the reason why we use u instead of the  symbol

> Steve Hendrix

Michael Schmitt