At 11:29 AM 5/3/2002 -0600, Cam Andruik wrote:
>Well this is wierd.  Yesterday Protel worked fine.  Today I start it up and
>it will not open a database. I have no Servers installed.  If I add them,
>the next time I start Protel they are all gone again!
>
>Anyone ever seen this before?

Not this. Perhaps someone has a better idea what is happening, but at this
point I would uninstall Protel, move all the *99SE.* files in the Windows
directory to some other location, and reinstall Protel. If it works, one
can then, if there is customization to be recovered, move the *99SE.* files
back by halves -- keeping track of what has been put back in the most
recent batch --- until the problem reappears. Proceeding like this, the bad
initialization file, if any, may be found, and it might even be partially
recoverable with a text editor.... If there is no serious customization, I
wouldn't bother restoring the old files.