On 08:57 AM 3/05/2002 +0100, Jason Morgan said:
>How about turning the problem round?
>
>What ever match, boolean or wildcard rules you add to your server, somebody
>will find
>somthing that is wrong with it.
>
>As it is, it probably works for most of the people that want to use it. (I'm
>going to try it
>myself at some point.)
>
>Perhaps its a better idea to create an SQL hook into the protel database?
>That way
>ANY program can interact with ANY field in protel in either direction, using
>whatever rules the
>source (or destination) application wants.
>
>I see the following...
>
>Protel<->SQLHookServer<->SQLServiceDLL<->MSSQL<->SQLApplication
>
>So, there are two components to create.
>
>What do you think?
>
>Jason.

Jason,

Funny you should say that - I have been playing with such a facility for a
while now.  I agree that it may well be better to turn the problem on its
head.  Though I was not planning to do the SQL stuff - leave that to
others.  Anything that was written like this should support more than just
MSSQL - I am getting rather more anti-MS in my old age and as I see more
blatant rip-offs.

Ian