On 11:29 AM 3/05/2002 -0600, Cam Andruik said:
>Well this is wierd.  Yesterday Protel worked fine.  Today I start it up and
>it will not open a database.
>
>I have no Servers installed.  If I add them, the next time I start Protel
>they are all gone again!
>
>Anyone ever seen this before?
>
>Cam Andruik

Sound like a re-install is necessary.  But before that you could look into
the Client99se.ini file (in the windows directory) and see if there is
anything strange with the list of servers.  You should be able to find a
section like:

[Servers]
ArngeCmp=C:\Program Files\Design Explorer 99 SE\System\ArrangeComponents.INS
AutoPlacer=C:\Program Files\Design Explorer 99 SE\System\AutoPlacer.INS
AutoSave=C:\Program Files\Design Explorer 99 SE\System\Autosave.INS
Binder=C:\Program Files\Design Explorer 99 SE\System\Binder.INS
CAMBillOfMaterials=C:\Program Files\Design Explorer 99
SE\System\CAMBillOfMaterials.INS
CAMDesignRuleChecker=C:\Program Files\Design Explorer 99
SE\System\CAMDesignRuleChecker.INS
CAMGerber=C:\Program Files\Design Explorer 99 SE\System\CAMGerber.ins
CAMManager=C:\Program Files\Design Explorer 99 SE\System\CAMManager.INS
CAMNCDrill=C:\Program Files\Design Explorer 99 SE\System\CAMNCDrill.INS
CAMPickNPlace=C:\Program Files\Design Explorer 99 SE\System\CAMPickNPlace.INS
CAMTestPointReporter=C:\Program Files\Design Explorer 99
SE\System\CAMTestPointReporter.INS
Chart=C:\Program Files\Design Explorer 99 SE\System\Chart.INS

If not then there is definitely a problem.  Maybe there is some issue with
writing the ini file to disk?

If you do do a reinstall, uninstall SP6 and the 99SE and then delete all
the ini files in the windows directory that are relevant to P99SE (and the
raf and cfg files) - or better still back them up somewhere else - they
contain your customizations (especially the rcs files).

After the re-install don't forget to re-install SP6 again.

Ian Wilson