Not really. Usually you get the source for the third-party
components, especially when you pay for it. It is Protel's
responsibility to provide source or up-to-date components.
For older projects however it doesn't makes sense to upgrade
them to the latest version.
Being Delphi programmer myself, I have a lot of projects
still in D3, since changing a line or two doesn't justify
porting to a newer version.
D5 isn't really out of date. It is the most stable so far.
I consider D6 being trial until I know it is stable. That takes
a few projects.

Rene