Hi David,

>From what we have seen with limited trials with PTC's Pro/Desktop, the
common ground is .dxf's for dealing with Prottle directly at the 2D level.
To get an accurate picture in 3D then the Qualecad 3D addon appears to be
the way to go as it can utilise 3D models & mech data directly from the PTC
family while filling in the PCB detail from Prottle.

We actually started looking at Pro/Desktop as a platform for the generation
of component 3D models for use in the Qualecad product.  It really blew us
away with what it was capable of doing and we are currently awaiting a new
version which is to be released shortly.

Unfortunately the 3D addon area is in limbo as we have no idea of what is
coming in the new Prottle release.

Cheers

Don Ingram