---Phil

BV> Phillip,
BV>         I would hazard a guess based upon your comments below. This sounds
BV> like it is the good old invalid printer bug. Since you did the PDF prints,
BV> is that printer module/driver still loaded/valid? If it is not then you will
BV> get an error everytime you try and open that DDB. Try opening a different
BV> DDB from several days ago, it will probably open just fine if my guess is
BV> correct.
The printer is/was still attached (and is not networked),  and Acrobat is/was
still installed.  It does sound a _lot_ like the printer problem I have
often heard discussed here though.

I did try several older DDB files.  Also tried creating a new project,
 adding a new schematic document to it,  but can't open any of them.

Have seen another variation on the problem now though:
"CLIENT99SE caused an invalid page fault in module KERNEL32.DLL at 0167:bff886df"