> wrong scale and cost me money, I couldn't blame Altium for poor code.

And what happens when you CAN blame Altium for poor code?  Nothing, right?
So what difference does it make who you can blame?

Of course, I you want/have to play the blame game, you could still claim
it's Altium's fault, or Lindows' fault.  Which one wouldn't matter to your
PHB (Pointy Haired Boss).  He would just be pissed.  And you would get to
choose where to deflect blame and focus his anger (away from you!).

This is if the real definition of "blame" means "who is the scapegoat".

Now, if "blame" really means "finding out the cause of the problem so we can
fix it and get on with our business", then it might be very tough to find
out who is at fault (Lindows, Protel, the Windows API, etc.) when something
doesn't work.  Of course, this is also true of Protel running on Windows.

If Protel doesn't use many undocumented Windows API calls, then Lindows has
a chance of working.  Protel may not be too bad in this respect.  Here's
why:  Protel is written in Delphi, which is a Borland product.  Borland and
Microsoft have been arch-enemies forever, so there is no reason to think
Borland has any information on the Windows undocumented API calls.
Therefore, they wouldn't use them.

Best regards,
Ivan Baggett
Bagotronix Inc.