?

> That is, interpreters are inserted between the app and its host O/S to
> dynamically apply the port. As a result of the additional processing
> required, a given soft/hard configuration loses a portion of its speed to
> the porting application. How does Lindows perform in this respect?? Have
> those who propose this port even tested it?
>
> aj

Very high likelihood of this being the case. The work to date has been
tightly focussed on allowing people to run MS Office without a Windows OS
license. The eventual goal being to get them to be able to use an OpenOffice
package as well.  All else is secondary. With the bizarre and invasive MS
licensing behaviour of late ( get your daily MS chuckles at
theregister.co.uk ) , I wish them well.

The question was originally posed out of idle curiosity.   Oh and a morbid
desire to see Bill cop one more in the cods...

As for Prottle actively supporting the port, I would rather that they focus
on removing the bugs from the single windows version. If as Ivan suggests,
that the Borland heritage assists by not having any 'secret API' calls then
so be it, more power to the Penguin.

Cheers

Don