On 02:00 AM 10/05/2002 -0700, Mira said:
>Ian,
>
>I use S-A and everything is selected. No hidden
>layers.
>Even though the strings on all layers could not be
>deleted.
>The strings are definitely selected and could be
>moved.
>E-D doesn't work. S-A selects everything. I checked
>this on all layers. E-L clears the selection but in
>fact it's still there after I refresh.
>All these strings used to be text dimensions, board
>layer names (free text), and text in the drill charts.
>All selected primitives could be deleted but the text
>- not.
>These strings could be selected as "free primitives"
>as well. So, I presume they are free, unlocked.
>
>I just can't get rid of them.
>
>Mira

This sounds odd.

Can you remove everything but the strings then Save-As a copy of the file
as an ASCII file.  Export the ASCII file and open in a text editor, or
within the DDB right-click on the file and change its properties to Text
Document, then dbl click to open in the text editor.  The file format is
fairly self-documenting.

Copy one of the string lines and send to the forum, let us see what is
happening.  Some of us may want a copy of the file to look deeper into it.

Don't forget to set the file properties back to a PCB document.

Oh..have you tried saving the file and opening again?  Also, sometimes
saving as an ASCII file and then opening again can clear errors.  try that.

Ian