On 04:31 AM 13/05/2002 -0700, Mira said:
>OK, group.
>Let's close this topic.

Permit me another comment, please.  I would like to tie your experience to
one of mine and then get a little more info from you...

>The strings I got in Protel as a result of PCAD
>database import were real strings. They could be
>selected and edited but not deleted untill the PCB was
>saved.
>The problem was fixed.

There are actually a whole series of fairly subtle issues that are fixed by
saving and re-opening (all of them quite uncommon).  Yours was new to me.
However there are a number of other things that are similarly fixed.  One I
can think of off the top of my head is an odd one - to do with moving
selections where some entities disappear at some zoom level and are not
really editable - save and re-open fixes it.  (It is fairly subtle and is
not a common sequence - I have described it in the past and reported it to
Protel yonks ago).

I suspect that your string issue is probably related to my issue in some
fashion.

You didn't say but was it Save-As (ASCII) that fixed it or was a normal
binary save, close and re-open sufficient?

Ian