> ?
> >
> > That is, interpreters are inserted between the app and its host O/S to
> > dynamically apply the port. As a result of the additional processing
> > required, a given soft/hard configuration loses a portion of its speed to
> > the porting application. How does Lindows perform in this respect?? Have
> > those who propose this port even tested it?
> >
> > aj

I can verify that Protel99SE running under Windows2000 as a guest
OS under VMWare, with Linux as the host OS, runs VERY well on a
1 GHz Pentium with 512 Mb of memory.  It is totally stable, running
the same boot of Win2K for weeks at a time. (same boot of Linux runs
for months at a time, but I have to shut down the Win2K every once
in a while when fooling with the X windows or network configuration.)

As for speed, I really can't tell the difference between running Win2K
directly, or in the VMWare emulation!  I haven't done stopwatch tests
with a long autoroute or something like that, however.

Jon