Bagotronix Tech Support wrote:

> Hello, all:
>
> A customer asked us to design a round (circular) PCB for them.  We have
> never designed a round PCB before.  Any special Protel techniques, tips, or
> gotchas we should know about before starting?  It is not a high-tech board,
> single sided only, TH for wave solder assembly, to be manually routed.  In
> fact, net-connected polygons or fills will be used for most of the board
> copper area, due to heat dissipation requirements.

If you do autoroute, you need to make the keep-out line out of straight
track segments.  This is the only limitation I know of.  Since you will
be manually routing (good idea, since single layer routing has not
been figured out on Protel) even that restriction doesn't apply.

As for wave soldering, you may want to route the round board with
break-away corners that will be kept on until the board has passes
final test.  This would be mostly to make standard assembly and soldering
fixtures work with that shape.

Jon