George,
        in answer to your question, no I do not have a check list. At
present the company that I work for only does their own development
prototypes. To this end my drill drawings allow for easier checks by
individuals within our organization when there is a fit issue with
components or between the board and some of our complex mechanics.
        However the main reason for my drill drawing is to better facilitate
the passing of the PCB design to contract manufacturing. To actually do a
check list I would at this time defer such an activity to the contract
manufacturer, they are the ones who would do ongoing checking. It is not
really my responsibility to define what they will or will not check on a
particular board. So I leave that to them.
        In the past when I worked in facilities which did their own
manufacturing the responsibility usually fell to QC or manufacturing to do
their own inspection lists on incoming boards. Again it was more or less
their responsibility to define their checks but my fab drawings were
typically the basis for determining and conducting those checks.

Sincerely,
Brad Velander.

Lead PCB Designer
Norsat International Inc.
Microwave Products
Tel   (604) 292-9089 (direct line)
Fax  (604) 292-9010
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.norsat.com

Visit us at Booth 2G2-09 at CommunicAsia 2002 in Singapore June 18-21.

<SNIP>