Abd ul-Rahman or others,
        do you know of a process using Protel V2.8 whereby you can read in
gerber type data with a unique name applied to pads or vias of certain
sizes. Then you can replace these uniquely named pads and via flashes with
Protel pads & vias through global edits? I don't recall the exact process
but I did do it once under the guidance of someone who is not here anymore.
We used to do this to return intelligence back to gerber flashed pads and
vias in the Protel database. That typically just left tracks to globally
edit to the correct layers. it's not perfect solution fo this problem but it
did take care of multilayer type pad connectivity.
        Supposedly this process only worked in version 2.8. Sorry I don't
recall the exact process as I was guided through it only once for a very
small project. At the time I was assured that it only worked in V2.8 and not
any newer versions.

Sincerely,
Brad Velander.

Lead PCB Designer
Norsat International Inc.
Microwave Products
Tel   (604) 292-9089 (direct line)
Fax  (604) 292-9010
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.norsat.com

Visit us at Booth 2G2-09 at CommunicAsia 2002 in Singapore June 18-21.