At 09:26 AM 5/23/2002 -0400, Jeff Adolphs wrote:
>Good Morning! I have a TO3 schematic part with pins 1, 2, 3. The TO3
>footprint has pins 1, 2, and two pin 3's. I thought this would work but
>the pin 3's do not have netnames in the layout. Do I have to use a
>schematic and footprint pin 3A and pin 3B?

Let me guess. Mr Adolphs used Netlist Load instead of the synchronizer
(Schematic/Design/Update PCB). There is a known bug in the Netlist Load
routines which causes assignment oscillation: the existing assigment will
change state between the correct net name and no-net with each successive
load. The easiest fix is to use Update PCB, but if that is not available,
as with a net list from another CAD Schematic program, making a fresh load
after having cleared out nets will produce correct assignments. The command
Design/Netlist Manager/Menu/Update Free primitives... will restore the free
primitive assignments (i.e., track and via). Note that non-pad primitives
that are part of footprints are also updated in addition to free primitives.

A symptom of the problem is that each netlist load produces new macros,
even though the same netlist was just loaded already. The macros oscillate
the assignments.

It is a good practice to reload the net list or resynchronize before
beginning routing and after completing a design; if the only macros that
are created are the oscillating kind, or no macros are created, the load
can be cancelled. It would still be prudent to manually verify those pads.