I have a special schematic component : a single pin connector.
On the pcb component side I have two footprints to choose from :
1) a single pad, topside only, rectangular, no hole,
   50x100 mil - great to solder a wire
2) a single pad, multilayer, round 32/62mil
   great for the scope probe to stick in

The schematic component lets me choose between the two mentioned
bcb footprints.

Works great

Rene

Embedded Matt wrote:

> I'm working on a layout with two quad flat packs.  A
> substantial number of pins on each chip have no
> connection.  Because of the difficulty of
> hand-soldering to fine pitch pins, I would like to add
> a track and a via to each unused pin for possible use
> later.
>
> I'm have two issues:
>
> 1. DRC flags these extra tracks and vias as
> violations.
> 2. I get no protection from the design rules that
> specify minimum clearances and such.
>
> I think this must be a common problem.  Is there an
> easy way to fix this without changing the schematic?
 * *