Abd ul-Rahman,
        the naming is performed on the Gerber data (how I don't remember)
such that you have a pad flash with unique names for each different size
assignment. Then you can replace those assignments with a multilayer pad
globally. I believe there was a manner of making the same thing work for
vias as well. It is to bad that I don't recall how it was done because it is
ideal for replacing pads (vias?) in the case of a gerber data load.
        The process also did not involve Camtastic at all. At that time I
had never touched Camtastic, it was still in it's shrink wrap.

        I had simply hoped that someone on the list also knew of this
process. I cannot recall the details from the one time I was walked through
it by a person who is no longer with our company.

Sincerely,
Brad Velander.

Lead PCB Designer
Norsat International Inc.
Microwave Products
Tel   (604) 292-9089 (direct line)
Fax  (604) 292-9010
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.norsat.com

Visit us at Booth 2G2-09 at CommunicAsia 2002 in Singapore June 18-21.