Brian Sherer wrote:

> Hi, all;
>
> Has anyone successfully run 99SE SP6 on any flavor of Linux?
> Any tips on Linux version/vendor, or GUI?
>
> Thanks for any info....

Yup.  I run Mandrake Linux 8.1 as the "host" OS, with VMWare, and
Windows 2000 as the "guest" OS, and Protel running in that environment.
It works as well as any system I have ever seen, stays up for months at
a time, and I have never had a real problem with Protel.  (I have had a
few operator errors, but that's my fault, not the software.)

The default Linux GUI is KDE, but when you switch to full-screen
in VMWare/Win2K, that GUI is bypassed, and until you hit the
ctrl/Alt keys, you can't tell Linux is even present, it looks exactly
like
a Win2K system running directly on the hardware.

I use a Dell Optiplex GX150 machine with 512 MB of memory, and a
real Intel CPU.

Jon