There was a known issue a while back with the Microsoft Intellimouse causing
keyboard shortcuts to stop working, which was fixed by using the Logitech
drivers.  The latest Microsoft drivers work fine.  If this is a related
problem then maybe a driver update will help your problem?

Regards,

Andy Gulliver