John,
        my personal thoughts on the spreadsheet method was that it would
only work in the limited case where the track was only connected at one end.
In my past I have found a great deal of stubs where this method wouldn't
work because there were actually two tracks connected at both ends to tracks
atop one another or just slightly misaligned atop each other.

Sincerely,
Brad Velander.

Lead PCB Designer
Norsat International Inc.
Microwave Products
Tel   (604) 292-9089 (direct line)
Fax  (604) 292-9010
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.norsat.com

Visit us at Booth 2G2-09 at CommunicAsia 2002 in Singapore June 18-21.