> This must mean that XP trashes application entries in the registry when you
> install it.  Bad, bad, bad...

The upgrade went better than any other time I've upgraded and operating system,
and with the registry being completely different from Win 9X I expected worse.
It only took one short evening to have everything reinstalled and working.

> Rob, did you upgrade to XPP from XPH, or some older version of Windows?  If
> you upgraded from XPH, wow man, you have given M$ a lot of money just for
> one machine.  If it's a new machine, it's not like you had a choice :-(

Silly me I bought a machine from CompUSA that came with Windows ME instead of
insesting on Windows 2000. I got sick of ME running out of resources due to some
mediocre Apps and decided to upgrade. Of course I cheated a little and took
advantage an educational discount so the cost was only $45. XP Pro has all the
advantages of Win2k and all the advantages of ME/98 without the disadvantages,
so I'm satisfied.

> And some people still say there is no M$ monopoly........
>SNIP

Rest of rant ignored