At 05:26 PM 6/7/2002 -0400, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>I have just begun exploring the use of the Rooms feature, which is
>tailor-made for a current board. I notice that the crosshatching which
>indicates a room sometimes changes color, from a dark yellow to a dark red.

This is an on-line DRC indication that there are Room violations, i.e.,
components not in a room to which they are assigned.

>Despite being pretty familiar with Protels oddities in the way of mouse click
>handling, I can't figure out what the pattern is. More directly, I would like
>to be able to turn off the hatching for the particular room in which I'm
>working, to better see what's happening there.

I don't know a way to turn off only one room's hatching. However, you can
turn off Room display.
Tools/Preferences/Show-Hide/Rooms/Final-Draft-Hidden. I forget what "draft"
does for rooms....

>  Also, I can't figure out
>exactly how the Interactive Placement - Place in Room is supposed to work,
>whether the parts are supposed to be selected, or the room, or what. As
>usual, the manual and the help text of of little help. Can someone here offer
>a basic tutorial on how to drive these things?

I leave this for someone else to answer, I don't remember. But I do
remember that it is not hard to figure out with a little experiment....