On 10:51 AM 10/06/2002 +0100, Michael Binning said:

>Hello all,
>
>One thing has been bugging me for a while.  Is it possible to change the
>PCB defaults?
>
>Every time I start a new PCB, I have to go round setting rules and stuff.

Michael ,

You can save rules to a file and then import them when you start a new
file.  I think the function is on the Menu button of the Design Rules
dialog.  But this only does rules.

If you have a standard manufacturing template that includes things like
production tooling border then maybe one of the following methods could work:
1) Set up a (read-only) DDB with a template PCB in it and then use the
project manager drag-and-drop function to pull the template PCB into the
new DDB you are working on.
2) Another way would be a (read-only) PCB file sitting on the disk
somewhere and then import it and rename when you need to start a new PCB.
3) There are probably others - like hacking at the template PCB created by
the Wizard maybe?

Ian Wilson