These guys have EDA tools that run on Linux.
http://www.intercept.com/

I realize its easier for a Unix code base to be ported to Linux, so I'm not
thinking Protel is going to go to Linux anytime soon.  Although it seems
Kylix could be a plausible platform to get onto Linux, since they are using
Delphi for code base.

It seems that a Linux port would be strategically advantageous.  Though I
must use M$ as an employee,  I'm switching to Linux at home.  Any future
evaluations for software will include Linux as a factor.   VMware is a
bridge...  right now it's 'great I can run both OS'...  but in the not too
distant future you'll be wondering why you have to pay the M$ tax to run one
program plus pay for VMware...

off the soapbox
duane

Matt Daggett wrote:

> Has anyone had any issues running Protel under VMware?
>
> I am getting ready to migrate my machine from native Win2K to Linux and
use
> Win2k under VMware for my windows applications. <snip>

<snip>

although I use the
Linux side more than the Win side and protel at the moment, I have spent a
couple days pretty much straight in Win and Protel, and it has been the
smoothest
sailing with Windows and/or Protel I've ever experienced.

 <snip>

so I did it the old Unix way.

Jon

* Tracking #: 4A8FFBBC30F7FE4EA26C9E620AA0A819E25FAF64