At 01:22 PM 6/13/2002 -0400, Matt Daggett wrote:
>Title:  MDAC Drivers and ODBC Error Messages
>Date:   June 6, 2002
>implementation of the design database storage system.  Some versions of the
>MDAC driver work better with Protel than others.  This application note will
>review some of the errors that can be generated when using an incompatible
>version of the MDAC drivers ....

Unless I've missed something, the tech note does not relate to the reported
problem. An "Access Violation" is not the same as on ODBC error.

"[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver]String Data,
right truncated[null]"

I'm certainly not fully conversant with the issues, but it is a
coincidence, I think, that both kinds of errors or violations have the word
"Access" in them. In the subject case, "Access Violation" would refer to an
attempt of the program to access memory outside the permitted range, and in
the tech note, "Access" refers to Microsoft Access drivers (Protel 99 and
99SE use the Access database engine from Microsoft, and there can be
version compatibility problems if one installs, MS Access as a separate
program after installing 99SE. This one bit me most specifically....

* Tracking #: D702C2817A6AC845891F81615BAD25548BD2A658