Raybo,

I use Spectra in conjunction with 99Se for all my designs.  The graphical
interface in Spectra is micky mouse but the router is World Class.  Design
rules from 99se do not translate into spectra but setting up classes are
easy in Spectra.  You will have to either have to create a do file, use the
menus, or learn a few basic commands to get to operate properly.  If you
load a design,  and hit autoroute,   Spectra is not any better than the 99se
router.   If you keep in mind that Spectra is a Manhattan router, stick to
the floorplan, the routes are clean and require little if no clean up. This
alone will justify the price of this router.    I fan out everything before
translating a dsn file.  All of my fan outs are designed to allow routing
free and open routing channels.   That is something you can not control
easily in spectra.  Preroute all of your critical signals lock them in, fan
out everything, even connect some of the obvious traces. then let spectra
take a crack at it.  It routes 99.99 - 100 percent of the traces everytime.
Well worth the investment if you design pcbs.  I don't know how anyone could
be without it. It is a great compliment to 99se......now I am waiting for
Protels router.

Please feel free to contact me offline [EMAIL PROTECTED]   if you require
any assistance

Mike Reagan
EDSI