Christopher Rhomberg schrieb:

> Does anyone know how I can draw new 3D components for use with PCB's 3D
> view function.
> I have up to know only been able to use the default components and any new > ones
>are just grey blocks.
>
> Regards
>
> Chris Rhomberg

Chris,

        3D-Models only can be done in 3D-CAD-Programs, most used for Mechanical design.
in our company the Mech-Designer do this for me in his Solidworks program.
        But there is a way to create the components you us. Download the free Mech-CAD
pro/designer from IPC and create the needed components by yourself. But take
care, it is not an easy thing to do this. 3D-systems need a complete different
way to work but the 2D-systems I had ever worked with. Perhaps that is why
Protel did not fulfil its promise so far? (by the way: in the training I visited
weeks ago, the Protel designers where the only ones with a useable 3D-viewer,
the Integra/Mentor guys there called theyr tool "expensive and not useable".
Tribute to Protel!  8^)>

Regards,  Waldemar

* Tracking #: 7ABFE11E97E20E43B96668A8F0481ECC6D1C4440