that's great
i think tech support people in general (not just at protel) are all
too ready to have us all constantly re-installing things when the
problem
is usually a file here or a tweak there

but still, how exactly did the cfg file become 'corrupt' and corrupt in
what manner?
this is stored in the DDB, right?
i've noticed it seems to make the BOM settings stick, but didn't know it
had to do with annotate

i assume you can uncorrupt it by simply deleting it as a new one will be
created, right?

i bet there is something peculiar about your schematics ....

Dennis Saputelli

Brad Velander wrote:

> Dennis or the others with suggestions,
>         solved the problem, it wasn't a corrupted install as I expected from
> my previous problems a week or so ago. It was a corrupt .cfg file. And of
> course the .cfg file contains the configuration information for annotate and
> BOMs.
>
>         In all fairness to Protel NA Tech support, I actually got directly
> to a person this afternoon not once but twice. Possibly things are improving
> at the Tech Support end, we will have to see. Anyway, Lori came up with the
> fix in short order. Thanks Lori!
>
> Sincerely,
> Brad Velander.
>
> Lead PCB Designer
> Norsat International Inc.
> Microwave Products
> Tel   (604) 292-9089 (direct line)
> Fax  (604) 292-9010
> email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> http://www.norsat.com

* Tracking #: 68A480BF771938408478CBB2356AC57F52444C2C